You may apply for rezoning by contacting the land use planner who will explain the process to follow. These procedures may vary according to a municipality or an unincorporated area. All rezoning requests involve a public consultation process announced by notices in newspapers. Any person choosing to speak against or in favor of the rezoning request may do so at a public hearing. In the case of a municipality, the hearing takes place before the municipal council. In the case of a non-incorporated area, the Minister will delegate that responsibility to public servants. All rezoning requests are also reviewed by the RPAC which sends its recommendations to the municipal council or to the Minister of Environment and Local Government who, depending the case, will ultimately decide to rezone or not.

You may contact the land use planner at:

Office: (506) 542-2688
Fax: (506) 542-2642