Since 2006, we accept household hazardous waste (HHW) from our citizens at the Red Pine solid waste management site. To provide a more accessible service that better meets our citizens’ needs and expectations, in 2008 we began organizing HHW collections in our communities. As you can see from your collection calendar, this year we will hold household hazardous waste and electronic waste collection events in the following communities:
The following are the dates and locations of our household hazardous waste collections for Fall 2023.
Saturday, September 9th @ Club de l'Âge d'or d'Allardville, 287, Route 160, Alardville, 9am-3pm.
Saturday, September 16th @ Sportsplex Nigadoo, 116, Rue du Parc, Nigadoo, 9am-3pm.
Saturday, September 23rd @ KC Irving Regional Centre, 14 Sean Couturier Ave, Bathurst, 9am-3pm.
Participation to these events is free! As part of this program, we accept all chemicals from the residential sector with the exception of explosives, radioactive materials, organic peroxydes, PCBs, biomedical waste and commercial or industrial substances.
Here are examples of products commonly accepted during at the collections in our communities:
- Paints, stains, varnishes, sealants
- Used oil, antifreeze, gasoline, diesel, kerosene
- Solvents (ex. Varsol), cleaning agents
- Propane tanks, butane cartridges, lighters
- Soaps, shampoos, medicines
- Fertilizers, pesticides
- Fluorescent tubes, compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs)
- Aerosol cans
- Bleach, floor wax, glue
- Products for the swimming pool, car care products
- Other products used at home…
If you have questions or comments regarding this program, please contact us (info@CSRChaleurRSC.ca), 725-2402.