Job offer - Director of Finance
DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
- New position -
The Chaleur Regional Services Commission is seeking a Director of Finance who is committed to supporting governance and leadership in a transition to a new and expanded mandate resulting from local governance reform.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this position will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and evaluating all activities related to the management of the financial and accounting resources of the Chaleur Regional Services Commission.
This person will be responsible for the financial management and maintenance of all accounting records and books of account of the CRSC in accordance with the Regional Services Delivery Act and in compliance with the accounting standards established by the Public Sector Accounting Board.
The incumbent will also be responsible for enhancing the financial capacity of the CRSC, implementing fair and efficient service assessment regimes, adopting equitable community funding arrangements and creating cost-sharing opportunities for services and infrastructure.
This role includes other related duties and responsibilities including:
- Manage staff under your responsibility;
- Prepare financial statements, budget forecasts and financial reports;
- Prepares financial reports for the auditor to conduct the annual audit;
- Participate in the preparation of grant, loan and financing applications;
- Conduct analysis, audits and accountability reports;
- Develop, implement, review and ensure compliance with financial management policies;
- Administer human resources policies, including the group insurance and pension plan portfolio;
- Evaluate the technological needs of the finance department and make recommendations on the software or applications to be adopted;
- Participate in committees or management meetings as required;
- Act as an advisor to the General Manager and the Board of Directors.
Education and work experience requirements
- Bachelor's degree in business administration;
- At least six (5) years of experience in accounting, finance or related management;
- Minimum of two (2) years of supervisory experience;
- Must hold a Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation;
- Any other combination of education and experience may be considered.
Skills and abilities required
- Be a leader and possess strategic influencing skills;
- Strong analytical and planning skills;
- Have a good ability to communicate clearly and accurately, both in interactions with management and with the Board of Directors;
- Good skills with information technology and recognized business software, such as Microsoft 365 and accounting software;
- Possess excellent command of accounting, budgetary control, and financial impact analysis techniques;
- Good oral and written communication in both official languages.
Terms and conditions of employment
- Monday to Friday;
- Full time position;
- Salary to be determined according to training and experience;
- Workplace: In Petit-Rocher;
- Possibility of intermittent telecommuting;
- Eligibility for a full range of benefits.